Family time is so important. Over the summer break we would advise you to make reading part of this valuable time with your kids. Here are some tips for integrating reading into your daily family activities:
- Read to your child at bedtime.
- Listen to your child read. Ask them to retell the story in their own words.
- Visit and join your local library.
- Create a comfy reading space in your home.
- Read a recipe and cook something yummy together.
- Put your child in charge of reading the grocery list in the supermarket.