Science: Living Things & Plants & Animals
Variety & characteristics of plants, Myself
Maths: Data & Pictograms and Bar Graphs
Miss Hurley’s Class investigated fruit. Firstly, we discussed the difference between fruit and vegetables. We then spoke about the benefits of eating fruit.
Activity 1: (Whole Class)
- In groups the children felt the different fruit and used some adjectives to describe how they felt.
- They described their colour and their shape.
- We cut up fruit with a plastic knife.
- We smelled the fruit and described the smell.
- We tasted the fruit and described the taste.
Activity 2: Pictogram (Whole Class)
- Children coloured in a picture of their favourite fruit and cut them out.
- Together, we stuck each child’s favourite fruit on a chart, to form a pictogram.
- We then examined the pictogram and discussed the favourite/ least favourite fruit of our class.
Activity 3: Bar Graphs (Independent)
- The children then completed a bar graph using the information (data).