The boys in Coiscéim had great fun making some Arctic Slime! We have been learning about the Arctic and the different animals that live there and we decided to make some Arctic slime for our messy play!
Here’s the recipe if you’d like to try making your own slime!
- 100ml PVA white glue (children’s craft glue or CE marked glue)
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- gel food colouring
- 1 tsp contact lens cleaning solution
- glitter (optional)
1. Squeeze the glue into a mixing bowl (look for a bottle in a 100ml size if possible so you won’t have to measure it out). Add the bicarbonate of soda and mix well.
2. Add a drop or two of your chosen gel food colouring. Less colouring gives a pastel colour; the more you add, the brighter the colour. Mix until well incorporated.
3. Add the contact lens solution and mix. The slime will begin to form, going stringy before coming away clean from the bowl into a ball.
4. Once it has formed, take it out and knead it with your hands. It will be sticky at first but after about 30 seconds you’ll have a smooth and pliable ball. Add glitter at this point, if desired, and work in with your hands. Store in a pot with a lid