Hope you are well, below are some ideas of activities and tasks that you and your child can do at home. If using iPads, phones, websites, etc please monitor your child and ensure they are internet safe.
Don’t forget getting your child to help around the house ; putting in washing, clearing the table, helping with dinner prep, baking, pairing socks are all fun and important tasks to learn. Playing with playdough, lego and art activities also develop your child’s creative side and fine motor skills. Go for walks in your local area, remember social distancing.
- Sounds like Phonics work book , this will allow you and your child to revise the sounds they already know https://slp.cjfallon.ie/
- CVC words- ask your child to write 3-4 letter words that they can sound out e.g. bat, gap, best, etc
- Tricky words- your child should be able to read and recognise words 1-20.
- Phonics game https://learn.readwithphonics.com/school/play-online?demo=1
- New Friends reader (click on links- junior infants- English- Rainbow stage 1).
- Play cards games- snap, memory, go fish.
- House hold activities- go baking, set the table, count pegs for hanging out the clothes
- Scavenger hunt
- TG4 has excellent children’s shows
- Dublin Zoo have a live webcam that you can see what the animals are up to https://www.dublinzoo.ie/
- RTE Junior have several 10-minute work outs that the children love to do https://rtejr.rte.ie/10at10/
- Cosmic kids yoga on You Tube
- The Body Coach on YouTube channel
- Count to 100 with Jack Hartmann
- My email firstname.lastname@example.org